Written by: Angie Noll
For some reason, the topic of my favourite teachers – the one’s who have literally changed the course of my life – came up a few times last week during sessions with clients and friends.
While I was thinking about a topic for today’s blog, I recalled these conversations from last week. What I really enjoyed about them was finding out who inspired my clients and friends to such a degree that their life literally took a turn for the better.
|Sleep is good, he said. And books are better. – George R. R. Martin|
So, in the spirit of inspiration, here is my list of top 10 books that influenced who I am today. If you’re looking for something to read, why not try one on this list?
- You Can Heal your Life – Louise Hay
- The Artist Way – Julia Cameron
- The Right to Write – Julia Cameron
- Soul Lessons and Soul Purpose – Sonia Choquette
- Diary of a Psychic – Sonia Choquette
- 10 Secrets for Success and Inner peace – Wayne Dyer (And anything else by Wayne Dyer. The list is long!)
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
- The Yoga Sutras – Patanjali
- Power vs Force – David R. Hawkins
- The Landmark Herodotus: The Histories – Robert B. Strassler (After reading this tome of a book, I fell very much in love with the ancient Greek researcher/anthropologist/historian and I am convinced that I knew him in a past life. He remains one of my heroes to this day – although I no longer have a crush on him;-) )
And who is influencing my thinking, my life and my work today?
On my desk, right next to me, there are three books that I’m currently drooling over… they are, in my opinion, delicious, and I wish I had an entire day to just get absorbed in one of them without being disturbed. They are:
- Your Inner Conversations are Creating Your World: A Collection on Imagination and Self-Talk – Neville Goddard
- The Art of Vinyasa: Awakening Body and Mind Through The Practice of Ashtanga Yoga – Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor
- Hanuman: The Devotion and Power of the Monkey God – Vanamali
Now that you know who has inspired me over the last decade or so, and who is currently teaching me through their wise words, it’s your turn to share.
Which books have influenced your life and changed the direction it was going in? Who are your most influential teachers? Please share with us, because you never know when one of your teachers is exactly what someone else needs right now. Either share via email, or simply by commenting below.
And I really want to know which books are on your bedside table;-)